Rapid Prototyping Service
At Longterm, we specialize in the production of high-quality, low-cost prototypes. With a range of technologies and services, we are the perfect one-stop-shop for all your prototyping needs. When you’re ready, we also provide low-volume manufacturing of 100,000+ parts. Continue reading to learn more about the rapid prototyping process or send your 3D design file to our international team of engineers for a free quote.
What Is Rapid Prototyping?
Rapid prototyping involves specialized manufacturing techniques for making high-quality physical models of a 3D design idea. Prototypes are useful for design improvement, as stepping stones to full production or for engineering testing. They are meant to be quick and economical, without the need for the investment in hard tooling. Many of our clients need to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or to capture a fleeting sales opportunity.
Advantages Of Making A Prototype
How can making a prototype help you and your business? Here are just some of the ways:
- Show your customers and investors a physical model of your product
- Demonstrate the appearance, dimensions and features of your product
- Test the market with your product before production
- Save time and money by identifying and reducing design flaws
- Improve and streamline the production process
- Create multiple versions with different colors, surface textures and finishing processes